To get to the good part of a YouTube video, you usually have to shave off a good portion of its beginning. And if you want to share only the meaty portion of the video with someone else, they’ll have to skip ahead once they open the link.
Not anymore! Just use this handy YouTube sharing shortcut and send your friend straight to the good stuff.
1. Find a good YouTube video and skip ahead to the portion of interest.
2. Examine the timestamp below the video.
3. Go to the URL at the top of your browser.
4. At the end of the URL add “&t=0m55s” which is basically code for “and time equals zero minutes and fifty-five seconds.” You can change the time according to where in a video you want to land, obviously.
5. Send the link to your friend. It’ll start at the juicy part.
That’s it. You can use this tool, to which automates the process for you. Now get to sharing, and stop wasting your friend’s time with prologue.