The FBI has confirmed to both Gizmodo and The Verge that they have arrested a man in connection with sending journalist Kurt Eichenwald a tweet meant to induce a seizure. Eichenwald, who has written about being epileptic in the past, alleges he was the victim of a Twitter user seeking to induce a seizure in him through a GIF.
In December, shortly after Eichenwald appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight, a tweeter named @jew_goldstein tweeted a strobing GIF with the message “YOU DESERVE A SEIZURE FOR YOUR POSTS!” Shortly after, Eichenwald tweeted this:
Eichenwald then said he would pursue legal action against the Twitter user, and later posted the legal papers filed in a Texas court of law seeking the information of the Twitter user from Twitter, though Eichenwald later withdrew the motion, saying he had found out the identity of the Twitter user through other means.
- BBC-Interview-Crashing Kids Steal the Show at Yet Another Interview
- See Roger Stone Roasted to Tenderness in 80-Tweet Series of Impeccable Burns
- New York Commuters Get Poleaxed With Snow by Amtrak Train
- A Brief History of ‘Cash Me Outside, Howbow Dah?’
- Travel-Horror Twitter Reaches a New Low With This Terrifying Blanket Story