At the end of March, Facebook rolled out a feature for “stories” — short-term video posts that delete after a set period of time — on its main app. It is, as you probably guessed by the name, cribbed almost entirely from Snapchat, and follows Facebook-owned Instagram’s addition of Snapchat-style Stories in 2016. Which means right now, your phone is witness to the social-media equivalent of Oprah yelling, “You get stories, and you get stories, EVERYBODY GETS STORIES!” And because you can’t get away with ripping off a mega-popular app like Snapchat that easily, people started to turn Facebook’s less-than-innovative, new feature into a pretty good internet gag. Which is maybe bad news for Facebook, but great news for anybody who likes a meme and a laugh at Mark Zuckerberg’s expense.
Select All, for the record, will not be getting Stories.
- Dude Goes on Vacation With 9 Strangers Because Their Friend With the Same Name Bailed
- This Is Hillary Clinton’s Favorite Trump Meme
- Uber Bans Rider for Threatening to Accuse Her Driver of Rape
- Pepsi’s Kendall Jenner Ad Sparks Mass Mobilization of Mean, Funny Tweets
- Why All Your Gadgets Want You to Talk to Them