For their pal Nathan’s 30th birthday, a group of nine friends in England planned a getaway to Majorca, Spain. Unfortunately, when the trip came around, one of the friends, Joe McGrath, had to ditch. This left the group with a totally planned and ticketed trip to spare, provided they could find somebody else named Joe McGrath. Enter: Joe McGrath from Manchester. One of the friends, Dan, reached out to McGrath via Facebook and invited him along. “Although I had my doubt if the offer was legit, I decided to take the plunge as my legendary boss gave me the time off work. I drove down to Bristol on Saturday night and had a mad three days with complete strangers that I think I can all my good friends,” Dan explained in a Facebook post. “What a mega group of people! I loved every minute of it.”
“I want to apologise to my mum who thought I knew these people all along,” McGrath also wrote on Facebook. He’s back from his trip now, so it seems his mom had nothing to worry about.
He should probably also apologize to any other other Joe McGraths on Facebook who didn’t get invited on a preplanned trip to Spain.
- Dude Goes on Vacation With 9 Strangers Because Their Friend With the Same Name Bailed
- This Is Hillary Clinton’s Favorite Trump Meme
- Uber Bans Rider for Threatening to Accuse Her Driver of Rape
- Pepsi’s Kendall Jenner Ad Sparks Mass Mobilization of Mean, Funny Tweets
- Why All Your Gadgets Want You to Talk to Them