No man can resist a burger that’s gussied up with bacon, a hearty scoop of pimiento cheese, and fresh herbs. Your dad will be asking for seconds!
See More: Dad-Approved Foods
Pimiento Cheese-Bacon Burgers
Let ground beef stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before grilling.
1 pound ground sirloin
1 pound ground chuck
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup mixed chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, mint, and oregano)
Homemade Hamburger Buns (recipe below)
Toppings: pimiento cheese, cooked bacon slices, lettuce, and tomato slices
1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Combine first 4 ingredients gently. Stir fresh herbs into meat mixture. Shape mixture into 6 (5-inch) patties.
2. Grill, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink in center. Serve on Homemade Hamburger Buns. Top each burger with pimiento cheese, cooked bacon slices, lettuce, and tomato slices.
See more: Burgers―Any Way You Like ‘Em
Homemade Hamburger Buns
1 (48-oz.) package frozen white bread dough loaves
1 large egg
2 tablespoons sesame seeds or poppy seeds (optional)
1. Let dough stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Cut dough into 12 equal portions. Place dough portions on a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
2. Shape each dough portion into a 5-inch circle, and place on lightly greased jelly-roll pan. Whisk together egg and 2 Tbsp. water. Brush dough lightly with egg mixture; sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
3. Let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
4. Preheat oven to 400°. Bake rolls 20 to 22 minutes or until browned. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut rolls in half crosswise; toast, if desired.
Note: We tested with Bridgford Frozen White Ready-Dough loaves.