Tired of lying awake all night stressing over this or that? Fall asleep with ease thanks to this DIY calming salve that also leaves your feet so soft - you can't beat that! Made with a soothing combination of essential oils, the recipe creates more than enough for yourself, so gift the rest to your favorite people. You'll love how this wonderfully smelling helper makes nighttime blissful.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons grated beeswax
- Equal parts lavender, orange, cedarwood, peppermint, and cinnamon essential oils
- Place the coconut oil, olive oil, and grated beeswax in a metal or glass bowl, and heat over a double boiler or slowly warm in the microwave in short bursts. Once everything has melted, give it a stir, and then remove from heat.
- Now blend together the essential oils to create the dreamy mix of scents. Lavender is so soothing while orange and cinnamon help calm nerves. Cedarwood, sandalwood, and ylang ylang offer grounding, earthy smells. And peppermint does a great job of easing muscle pains. Using around 50 drops of each creates a great blend. Add to the coconut oil mixture.
- Now carefully ladle the warm sleep salve into clean jars, let cool until room temperature, and then cap. Your sleep slave is ready to use! Keep it close to your bed and smooth onto feet, cover with socks, and snuggle down on nights you're having a tough time drifting off into dreamland. The larger pores in your feet allow the essential oils to quickly absorb and flow through the body, helping you relax. Or massage into hands, sore muscles, or even your temples for instant calm.
Makes about 16 ounces of sleep salve.