In case you hadn't noticed, ombre is everywhere. And we'll dip-dye just about anything - including marshmallows. So this year, it was inevitable that we'd combine some of our favorite trends to bring the color to our Easter basket.
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Plastic cups ($8 for 50, amazon.com)
- Gel food coloring (We used Wilton Icing Colors - $16 for set of 12, amazon.com)
- Distilled white vinegar ($4 for 1 gallon, amazon.com)
- Measuring spoons ($5 for set of 6, amazon.com)
- Hot water
- Spoon ($9 for set of 6, amazon.com)
- Rubber gloves ($5 for 2 pairs, amazon.com)
1. Stir food coloring into a cup of hot water. Tip: We used gel food coloring for more vibrant shades, and we're never going back to the regular stuff.
2. Mix in one tablespoon of distilled white vinegar.
3. Repeat for each color you want to use.
4. Carefully drop your hard-boiled egg into the first cup and let it sit until it reaches your desired color.
5. Remove the egg from the cup and let it dry completely.
6. Dip the egg about two-thirds of the way into your next color and hold it there for a few minutes, checking the shade occasionally. Don't forget your rubber gloves for this step!
7. Remove the egg and set it aside to dry.
8. Dip the bottom third of the egg into your last color and hold it for a few minutes.
9. Take the egg out of the cup and let it dry.
Pin it for later!
You Might Also Like