The Met Gala may be fashion's biggest event of the year, but it's also the internet's favorite opportunity to poke fun at the industry - and this year was no exception. From savage jokes about the attendees' ensembles to not-so-subtle digs at the people who didn't stick to theme, Twitter definitely went in on the Met Gala on Monday evening, with hilarious results.
Here are some of the funniest tweets from the night.
- Travon Free (@Travon) May 2, 2017
- paradigm 🍒 (@tybrokesign) May 2, 2017
Why does everyone at the #metgala look like they are either apart of the Hunger Games or watching them
- Sierra Dearns |-/ (@SierraRambles) May 2, 2017
- Doug Dimmadome (@ShaolinByNature) May 2, 2017
if i ever go to the met gala, im wearing a long, flowing cape so my beefcake intern has to run behind me and fix it every 15 seconds
- Matt Bellassai (@MattBellassai) May 2, 2017
the original movie vs. the straight-to-VHS sequel pic.twitter.com/acAyNHpp06
- Marc (@MarcSnetiker) May 1, 2017
- queen quen (@quenblackwell) May 2, 2017
I pray that the man I marry will be even half as excited to see me walk down the aisle as I am to see Rihanna walk the Met Gala red carpet
- Natalie Walker (@nwalks) May 2, 2017
my understanding of the met gala is that they're all going into a building, but what happens in that building i could not even guess
- lil tummy time (@veryeva) May 2, 2017
- Kyleigh Jane (@TheKyleighJane) May 1, 2017
I would have loved to do this Met Gala theme because it satisfies my often conflicting dual interests of hiding my body and being extra pic.twitter.com/llLeje9ki3
- JuanPa (@jpbrammer) May 2, 2017
- Ira Madison III (@ira) May 2, 2017
- bella vita (@drugproblem) May 1, 2017
WHAT IF instead of the #MetGala next year we pay Rihanna and Solange millions of dollars to teach celebrities how to dress.
- Anne T. Donahue (@annetdonahue) May 2, 2017
Follow Gina on Twitter.
You Might Also Like