Dublin, June 25, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "The Corporate Reputation of Pharma in 2020 during the Covid Pandemic - the US Patient Perspective" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Patient groups responding to 2020's 'Corporate Reputation of Pharma' survey are uniquely positioned to comment on the pharma industry's performance during the pandemic, as these patient organisations not only understand the perceptions of patients but are also the only stakeholder to network with ALL other stakeholders in the healthcare system.
For this reason, the analyst collected (November 2020-February 2021) the opinions of 207 US-based patient groups on the performance of the pharmaceutical industry during the Covid pandemic of 2020.
Profile of 2020's 207 Respondent US Patient Groups
Covering 64 main medical specialties.
53% national patient groups.
28% international patient groups.
83% worked/partnered with at least one pharmaceutical company.
US Patient-Group Perspectives of Pharma During the COVID Pandemic: Top-Line Findings
1. The pharma industry's effectiveness at tackling the Covid pandemic in the US: An overwhelming 82% of the 2020s 207 respondent US patient groups judged the industry's response to Covid to be"Effective" or "Very effective" - the second-highest approval rating from patient groups in any country worldwide (and only below the Figure of 86%, assessed by respondent patient groups from Spain). The equivalent global rating was 62%.
2. The pharma industry's corporate reputation in the US in 2020: 2020's respondent US patient groups rated the corporate reputation of the pharma industry as a whole far more favourably than in previous years. 57% of 2020's respondent US patient groups stated that the industry had an "Excellent" or "Good" corporate reputation in the US, against 48% of 2019's US respondent patient groups (and above 2020's global average of 50%). Only the biotechnology sector outranked the pharma industry for corporate reputation in the US in 2020, according to respondent US patient groups.
3. Rankings of individual companies
Response to COVID:
All 38 companies: The top-three pharma companies voted "Best" for their response to Covid in the US in 2020 (as assessed by respondent US patient groups familiar with the company): 1st, ViiV Healthcare, 2nd, Horizon Therapeutics, and, 3rd, Lundbeck.
Among the 14 big pharma: The top-three pharma companies voted "Best" for their response to Covid in the US in 2020 (as assessed by respondent US patient groups familiar with the company): 1st, Pfizer, 2nd, Roche/Genentech, and, 3rd, Janssen.
Overall Corporate Reputation:
All 38 companies: The top-three pharma companies voted "Best" for their overall corporate reputation in the US in 2020 (as assessed by respondent US patient groups familiar with the company): 1st, ViiV Healthcare, 2nd, Horizon Therapeutics, and, 3rd, Lundbeck.
Among the 14 big pharma: The top-three pharma companies voted "Best" for their overall corporate reputation in the US in 2020 (as assessed by respondent US patient groups familiar with the company 1st, Roche/Genentech, 2nd, Pfizer, and, 3rd, Janssen.
ABOUT THE 2020 'CORPORATE-REPUTATION' SURVEY
A survey of 207 US patient groups
When? The survey was conducted in November 2020-February 2021, when key events of the pandemic will have influenced the opinions of respondent patient groups.
The questionnaire? Pharma was assessed across a wide range of its activities important to patients and patient groups, including a new indicator for 2020 - pharma's effectiveness at tackling Covid.
38 companies were included in the 2020 USA analyses:
Bristol Myers Squibb
Gilead Sciences/Kite Pharma
Janssen (Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson)
Merck & Co
Merck KGaA/EMD Serono
How were the companies assessed?
1. Covid response [new for 2020]
2. Patient centricity
3. Patient information
4. Patient safety
5. High-quality products
6.i. Transparency: pricing
6.ii. Transparency: clinical-trial data
6.iii. Transparency: funding of external stakeholders
8. Quality of relationships with patient groups
9. Providing services 'beyond the pill'
10.i. Engaging patients in research
10.ii. Engaging patients in development.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/x61hpx
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900