Two injured in pool chemical explosion in Conway

·1 min read

CONWAY – A chlorine explosion left two injured in the borough Friday afternoon.

According to first responders, the chemical reaction occurred inside a residence in the 1000 block of Dewey Street. Two of the residents were injured while they were mixing chemicals for their pool in the kitchen, resulting in both victims receiving chemical burns on their faces.

One of the victims was flown to the hospital for their burns and the other was treated by medics on the scene. At this time, the status of the victim in the hospital has not been released.

Hazmat crews were called to the scene for clean up of the kitchen and have confirmed they moved the chemicals out of the house.

This article originally appeared on Beaver County Times: Two Conway residents injured in chemical pool explosion