Watch: Mum of three Jen shows you how to make simple three-ingredient pizza with the kids
We’ve all been there on a busy weeknight – dialled up for a takeaway pizza when we really can’t face cooking. However, this recipe by Jen Lauffer from Gingr Kitchen is so quick and easy, it may just change your mind when it comes to fast food.
Not only does it take a maximum of 30 minutes, but it also only needs a handful of ingredients – perfect for those days when the cupboards are a bit bare!
It’s also a great recipe to get the kids involved with. Making dough is a fantastic sensory thing - and stress reliever - and they have the joy of choosing their own toppings.
If you’ve ever made pizza at home before, you’ll know it’s hard to get a proper circular pizza, however Jen has a top hack for that – use an upside-down mixing bowl to create your perfect pizza base. Genius!
She also recommends rolling the dough out to 1cm in height to create a really tasty crispy base.
“We want it to get nice and crispy,” says Jen, who shares lots of her quick and easy recipes on her Instagram account.
If you fancy creating your very own fakeaway tonight, here’s how. The only difficult decision is choosing what to put on top…
Easy Peasy Pizza
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 3 or 4 individual pizzas
1/2 cups natural yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
2 tbsps olive oil
2 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan) or 200 (conventional oven).
2. Mix the flour with the yogurt and olive oil, bringing it together to create a dough.
3. Turn out onto a lightly floured board and roll out to about 1cm thickness.
4. Cut out a pizza shape with a bowl turned upside down.
5. Cover a baking sheet with baking paper and place the pizza on it.
6. Add a pizza sauce or tomato passata to the base, smearing all over
7. Throw on your favourite toppings. Finish with cheese.
8. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
Watch: More easy peasy recipes to make with the kids