Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Your kids will love helping you make these gooey, green treats for Halloween. Decorate with spiderwebs and ghosts for a spooktacular trick or treat.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 1/2 tablespoon green food coloring
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 8 ounces melted dark chocolate chips
- 4 ounces melted white chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Mix in marshmallows and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in food coloring until desired color is reached. Mix in cereal.
- Transfer green cereal mixture to a square brownie pan lined with parchment paper (this will make it easier to remove the cereal treats from the pan).
- Top cereal mixture with melted chocolate and spread evenly.
- Set aside or place pan in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut cereal treats into even squares.
- Pipe white chocolate into spider web designs on the top of each piece. (We like this piping bag set, $16.99 on Amazon)
- Allow chocolate to completely set before serving!