Puppy saved from fire likely caused by discarded sparkler in Miamisburg

·1 min read

At least one puppy was saved from a fire that was likely caused by a discarded sparkler in Miamisburg Tuesday afternoon.

Crews were called to a detached garage on fire around 8:30 p.m. in the 1400 block of East Lindsey Avenue, according to initial reports.

Photos posted on social media by Miami Valley Fire District show smoke coming from inside the garage and the back of the garage burnt out.

>> Crews respond to crash in Harrison Township

In another post, Miami Valley Fire District wrote “Another reminder about Firework Safety. A discarded sparkler in a pile of brush caused this damage. Please be safe!”

A woman claiming to be the owner of the property said that the fire department saved three of her puppies.

Information about if anyone was injured or home during the time of the fire was not included in the post.