Ozzy Osbourne has assured fans he’s “not dying” after he took to social media to announce that he was postponing further European tour dates, after the event was initially cancelled earlier this year.
The legendary Black Sabbath singer took to Twitter and Instagram on Wednesday 9 October to post a characteristically jokey video, where he downplayed his health issues. Employing his typical deadpan delivery, he said he’d been “bored stiff” by doctors who had put him on bed rest after “screwed up the vertebrae in his neck” in an accident.
“At the beginning of this year I had a bad fall, had to have surgery, so I’ve got more nuts and bolts in my neck now than in my car,” he told his followers. “I’m not dying, I am recovering. It's just taking a little bit longer than everyone thought it would.”
The 70-year-old continued: “Can’t want to get off my a**e and get going again, but you’ve just gonna have to be a bit more patient.”
“I’m postponing the European tour because I'm not ready,” the Birmingham-born rocker continued. “I’m not retiring - I've still got gigs to do. But when I do come back on an American tour, I wanna be one hundred per cent ready to come out and knock your f***ing socks off.”
Osbourne also confirmed that the North American leg of the tour was still going ahead as planned and that he has a new album on the way.
“Not again,” a disgruntled ticket holder began, before sending their well wishes. “Thank you ozzy for your message though! Keep getting better! I know it will be worth the wait, new album!!! sending you lots of love! Karen xxx.”
“GET WELL OZZY WE LOVE YOU,” another gushed.
“For f**k sake Ozzy yes please rest and take care of yourself and if you need a nurse I’m available,” a third teased. “Best of luck to you.”