Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Need inspiration for a Halloween dessert? Look no further than these spooky but cute Jack-O'-Lantern pumpkin pies.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 can pumpkin purée
- 1/2 can Nestle Carnation evaporated milk
- 2 packages of pie crust, cut into four 5 1/2-inch discs
- milk (for brushing on jack-o'-lanterns
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat one egg and whisk with pumpkin purée until smooth. Whisk in sugar mix.
- Next, gradually mix in evaporated milk.
- Place pie crusts in 4.5-inch to 5-inch tart tins and using a fork, poke holes in the bottom of the crust. Bake for 6-7 minutes at 375° F.
- Fill pie crusts with pumpkin pie batter and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350° F.
- With the remaining pie crust, cut out four jack-o'-lanterns using a cookie cutter. Brush them with a little bit of milk.
- Bake jack-o'-lanterns on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 8 minutes at 400 ° F.
- Once done baking, place jack-o'-lanterns on top of pies and serve.