Here are area restaurants with seven or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to some original public record reports by city or county health inspectors.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant and grocery store owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Star will post appropriate responses in the same online locations as the original report.
The Kansas City Health Department cited these operations for seven or more critical violations:
For complete Kansas City-area reports, visit www.inspectionsonline.us/foodsafety/mousakansascity/search.htm and search under the establishment’s name.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for seven or more priority health code violations (direct links to the reports are not available).
▪ Titinos Dulceria, 4301 State Ave., Kansas City, Kansas, had 12 priority violations during an Aug. 11 routine inspection.
▪ KC Buffet, 6457 Quivira Road, Shawnee. had 12 priority violations during an Aug. 16 inspection following a complaint.
▪ El Rio Bravo Supermarket, 11 S. 10th St., Kansas City, Kansas, had 11 priority violations during an Aug. 10 inspection following a complaint.
▪ Dave & Buster’s, Legends Outlets Kansas City, 1843 Village West Parkway, Suite 201, Kansas City, Kansas, had 10 priority violations during an Aug. 9 routine inspection.
▪ Red Door Woodfired Grill, 8001 W. 159th St., Overland Park, had eight priority violations during an Aug. 9 routine inspection.
▪ Viva Tacos & Tequila, 5031 W. 135th St., Leawood, had eight priority violations during an Aug. 16 follow-up inspection.
▪ China King, 22068 W. 66th St., Shawnee, had seven priority violations during an Aug. 10 routine inspection.
For complete Kansas health inspections, visit http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results