Florida on Saturday reported 7,074 more COVID-19 cases and eight deaths to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, according to Miami Herald calculations of CDC data.
In all, Florida has recorded at least 3,546,292 confirmed COVID cases and 53,124 deaths since the pandemic began.
In the past seven days, on average, the state has added 328 deaths and 7,334 cases per day, according to Herald calculations of CDC data.
Florida COVID-19 vaccine rates
About 12,187,692 eligible Floridians — 56.7% of the state’s population — had completed the two-dose series of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines or have completed Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose vaccine, according to the CDC.
Vaccinations in South Florida and Manatee County
The CDC reported that every county’s level of community transmission was high. Here’s how many people have been fully vaccinated in South Florida and Manatee County, according to the CDC.
▪ In Miami-Dade County, about 1,945,994 people, or 71.6% of the county’s total population, are fully vaccinated.
▪ In Broward County, about 1,178,111 people are fully vaccinated, or 60.3% of the county’s population.
▪ In Palm Beach County, about 860,237 people are fully vaccinated, or 57.5% of the county’s population.
▪ In Monroe County, about 49,631 people are fully vaccinated, or 66.9% of the county’s population.
▪ In Manatee County, about 213,095 people are fully vaccinated, or 52.8% of the county’s population.
COVID-19 hospitalizations in Florida
There were 7,185 people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida, according to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Saturday report. This data is reported from 262 Florida hospitals. That is 293 fewer patients than Friday’s report.
COVID-19 patients occupy 12.26% of all inpatient beds in the latest report’s hospitals, compared with 12.79% in the previous day’s reporting hospitals.
Of the people hospitalized in Florida, 1,876 people were in intensive care unit beds, a decrease of 63. That represents about 28.80% of the state’s ICU hospital beds compared with 29.84% the previous day.
Friday’s Miami-Dade County report said there were 587 COVID patients in the county’s hospitals on Thursday, a decrease of 13 from the previous day’s report. Of the 53 new COVID patients, 44 (83%) had not been vaccinated.