1. George Jetson is about to be born on August 27:
2. Dandelions can be gigantic:
3. Deep scars don't sweat:
4. Artichokes can be beautiful:
5. This is what the original Pride flag looked like:
6. Cigarettes really do a number on a healthy plant:
7. A movie on July 18, 1993, cost $3.50:
8. The inside of the Leaning Tower of Pisa is...underwhelming:
9. Your brain looks like an old piece of gum:
10. This is what a blue jay going through puberty looks like:
It's NOT just a phase, mom.
11. You can find balls of salt in the Dead Sea. BALLS OF SALT!
12. A giraffe's leg is even bigger than my wildest dreams could have imagined:
13. This is what a nude Twix looks like:
14. This is the rocking chair Abe Lincoln was sitting in when he was shot:
15. This is what an ASL word search looks like:
16. The oldest living dog is a cute lil' son of a gun:
Read more here.
17. There are 3D yearbooks for the blind and visually impaired:
18. Parking spaces with lines all the way up the wall in front of you exist and need to be a thing everywhere:
19. You can't put cartoons on food packaging in Chile:
Read more about why here.
20. Some ovens will tell you when you started cooking if you forget to put a timer on:
21. This is how huge a moose's tooth is:
22. Australian tax returns tell you where your taxes go:
23. This is what your blood without red blood cells looks like:
24. There used to be typewriters with the sole purpose of writing music:
25. Some movie theaters have the answer to the question that's on literally everyone's mind after a movie:
26. The Boston Bruins know how to party:
27. This is what a 150-year-old tomato looks like:
Read more about the 150 year old seeds here.
28. Some roads have truly unique speed limits:
29. This is what a $500 bill looks like:
That's President McKinley on it.
30. Hurricanes are really, really, really powerful:
31. Pink grasshoppers are out there in the wild:
Read more about them here.
32. Goth ice cream is a thing that exists that you can eat:
33. You can finally rest: This is what a polished coconut looks like:
34. There is no greater technological achievement than this:
35. Some keypads randomize their numbers so people can't watch your hands:
36. Bees work fast. Very fast:
37. Some airports have bathrooms just for dogs:
38. If you sever a nerve in your finger, it won't prune anymore:
39. You can replace your boring office chair wheels with rollerblade wheels for MAXIMUM SPEED:
40. This is what a $10 coin looks like:
Okay, so it's not actually legal tender. It's a commemorative coin from the now-defunct and never formally recognized Principality of Hutt River in Australia.
41. The Portuguese care about their cellphone tower aesthetics:
42. This is what Pangea looks like with modern borders:
The map is from 2012 and by Massimo Pietrobon.
43. There IS a difference between jam, jelly, preserves, and butter:
44. Some brilliant mind finally fixed the infamous "huge gap in the bathroom stall" problem:
45. There are absolutely enormous snakes in ALABAMA, of all places:
46. This is what the mold Goldfish are made out of looks like:
47. This is what a juvenile tyrannosaur tooth looks like:
48. Some remotes have a button just for soccer:
49. Revolving fridges exist:
50. And, finally, on September 2nd, 2019, an incredible thing happened: