Several players who were scorching the nets during basketball tournament play are among the finalists for the Caller-Times High School Athlete of the Week.
The Caller-Times is taking weekly nominations and will release a list of finalists for the High School Athlete of the Week each Tuesday.
Students in all varsity sports are eligible to be nominated. The poll will close on Thursday and the winners will be announced Friday each week.
Beeville's Carrah Davis scored 100 points over five games at the Hondo Tournament, to lift Beeville to the tournament title.
Banquete's Mia Perez scored 80 points in four games as the Bulldogs finished second in the Three Rivers Tournament.
On the field, Jacob Rose and Dylan Shaw combined for the game-sealing sack as Flour Bluff held off Veterans Memorial for its first regional title in football.
Nominations are due by 5 p.m. Monday and can be submitted through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by messaging the Caller-Times through its Facebook page, or on Twitter @CallerSports.
Take a moment to look at some of the top performances in the last week and vote on caller.com or below.
THIS WEEK'S NOMINEES
• George Acosta, Aransas Pass boys basketball — Acosta scored 48 points in wins over Sinton and Roma.
• Carrah Davis, Beeville girls basketball — Davis score 100 points in five games during the Hondo Tournament, as the Trojans won the title. Davis was named to the All-Tournament Team.
• Nate Garcia, Kingsville boys basketball — Garcia had 39 points, 15 rebounds, 10 steals and four blocks against Veterans Memorial, scoring 100 points over the span of three games.
• Jon-Michael Johnson, King boys basketball — Johnson scored 37 points — including five 3-pointers — in a non-district game against West Oso.
• Sarina Paredez, Robstown girls basketball — Paredez led all scorers in the Pickers win against Taft, with 32 points.
• Mia Perez, Banquete girls basketball — Perez scored 29 points vs. Ingleside on Tuesday and then added 80 points in four games at the Three Rivers Tournament to snare All-Tournament honors for the second time this season.
• Jacob Rose/Dylan Shaw, Flour Bluff football — The duo combined on the game-sealing sack on Friday to help the Hornets claim to their first-ever regional championship.
• Donny Thomas, Bishop boys basketball — Thomas scored 58 points in the Badgers wins against Premont and Mathis.
Quinton Martinez covers all things sports in South Texas. Support local coverage like this by checking out our subscription options and special offers at Caller.com/subscribe
This article originally appeared on Corpus Christi Caller Times: Vote now for the Caller-Times High School Athlete of the Week