Boar’s Head brand among 52,000 pounds of Italian cold cuts recalled after listeria found
About 52,914 pounds of Italian cold sausage products sold under five brands were recalled nationwide by Daniele International because they might be contaminated with listeria.
The USDA recall notice says the agency’s Food Safety and Inspection Service “discovered the problem during routine inspection activities where listeria monocytogenes was found on surfaces on which the product came into contact.”
Listeria kills about 260 of the 1,600 Americans infected each year, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says. Senior citizens, pregnant women and children under 5 are the most vulnerable to listeria’s worse effects. Listeria can cause stillbirths and miscarriage. Listeria symptoms include nausea, diarrhea, high fever, severe headaches, stomachaches, stiffness, confusion and poor balance.
The recalled products have “EST 954” inside the USDA mark of inspection. Here’s the rundown:
▪ 6-ounce tray of Boar’s Head Charcuterie Trio with sell by dates of 4/13/23, 4/14/23, and 4/15/23.
▪ 7-ounce tray of Colameco’s Primo Naturale Genoa Uncured Salami with a sell by date of 12/23/23.
▪ 7-ounce tray of Colameco’s Primo Naturale Black Pepper Uncured Salami with use by dates 12/22/23, 12/30/23, and 1/17/24.
▪ 1-pound tray of Del Duca Sopressata, Coppa & Genoa Salami with sell by dates 4/13/23 and 4/14/23.
▪ 1-pound tray of Del Duca Calabrese, Prosciutto & Coppa with a sell by date of 5/6/23.
▪ 1-pound tray of Del Duca Genoa Salami, Uncured Pepperoni & Hard Salami with a use by date of 5/4/23.
▪ 6-ounce tray of Frederik’s by Meijer Spanish Style Charcuterie Sampler Tray with a sell by date of 4/15/23.
▪ 12-ounce tray of Gourmet Selection Sopressata, Capocolli, Hard Salame with a sell by date of 4/14/23.
If you have any of these products, throw them away or return them to the store for a full refund.
If you have questions about this recall, call Daniele International’s Dee Traynor at 401-568-6228 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.