New information has been released about Nasim Najafi Aghdam, the female shooter who shot three people and killed herself at YouTube's headquarters in San Bruno, California.
During a press conference on Wednesday, San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini said that hours before the shooting, she went to a gun range to try out a 9mm Smith and Wesson handgun, which she legally owned.
After trying out the weapon, police said she was able to sneak into the company’s parking garage in Silicon Valley.
Police said Aghdam was angry with YouTube and the company’s policies for stopping her from pursuing her career as a YouTube star, but did not confirm if the shooting was terror-related.
“We know that she was upset with YouTube ... whether that rises to the level of terrorism hopefully will be determined in the next couple weeks,” said Barberini.
The 39-year-old, who lived in San Diego, has previously written about her frustrations with the Google-owned company, saying that: “There is no equal growth opportunity on YOUTUBE or any other video sharing site.”
Aghdam’s family reported that she was missing before the shooting. Mountain View Police officers found her asleep in her car and said she had left the house because of “family issues,” and that she “was looking for a job,” police said in a statement.
The police also said her father and brother did not mention that Aghdam was a threat to the YouTube company.
"At no point during that conversation did either Aghdam’s father or brother make any statements regarding the woman’s potential threat to, or a possible attack on, the YouTube campus," police wrote.
The three victims of the shooting at YouTube are reported to be improving, and two of them were sent home, San Francisco General Hospital officials said on Wednesday.
More from Newsweek