Whether it's a breaking news event or a party at the hippest place in the metro,
Yahoo Philippines aims to take you where the action is with our originally-produced videos.
Here's a list of videos produced by Yahoo Philippines this year:
The Philippines' claim over Sabah was revived last February, as a group of followers of
Sulu Sultan Jamalul Kiram III landed on the shores of Lahad Datu.
Asserting their historical right over the territory, the men engaged Malaysian forces in a bloody firefight, leaving dozens from both sides dead.
Despite lack of support from the national government, Kiram remained firm on his stand,
stating the basis for the claim in an exclusive interview with Yahoo Philippines last March.
The deadly standoff later led to a court case in Malaysia but the territorial dispute remains unresolved.
Doubts on whether the Philippine government will pursue its claim intensified
after Kiram died of multiple organ failure last October 20.
Exclusive: Sulu Sultan Jamalul Kiram III and what he thinks of Malaysia
2. Millions of Filipino voters trooped to polling precincts for last May's national elections,
where over 18,000 officials were set to be elected, including 12 new senators. At the time, a topic of debate among the electorate and candidates was the issue of same sex marriage, as other countries started to accept and legalize the practice.
Who's ready to support same-sex marriage in the Philippines?
3. Last July, President Benigno Aquino III delivered his fourth State of the Nation address.
Halfway through his six-year term, the chief executive was expected to outline his administration's accomplishments and lay the path for his remaining three years in power along his so-called "Daang Matuwid".
What would you like to hear from PNoy's SONA?
4. The nation was rocked mid-year by a series of reports exposing an alleged P10 billion scam involving lawmakers' Priority Development Assistance Fund or "pork barrel".
At the center of controversy was Janet Lim Napoles, the owner of a trading company who
supposedly created dummy NGOs to get pork barrel funds for ghost projects. A number of senators reportedly benefited from the scheme, sparking outrage among Filipinos who took to social media to organize a series of nationwide protests, calling for the abolition of the discretionary funds.
Sights and sounds at the #MillionPeopleMarch
5. International singing sensation Charice put swirling rumors about her sexuality to rest last June when she confirmed that she is lesbian. Charice's first public appearance since her revealing TV interview was at the launch of Yahoo Philippines' OMG Awards where she was given the "Media Magnet" award by the press.
The song that best describes how Charice feels
6. The Yahoo OMG Awards gets bigger and better every year! For 2013, fans outdid themselves by casting nine million votes, that's over five million more than in 2012. Over 11,000 trooped to the Mall of Asia Arena to watch the star-studded event and personally cheer on their celebrity idols.
2013 Yahoo! OMG! Awards highlights
7. "The Voice of the Philippines" kept many viewers glued to their TV screens on weekends this year. The local franchise of the popular singing competition drew audiences, not only because of the talented contenders but also because of its famous judges: pop star Sarah Geronimo, rock singer Bamboo, theater icon Lea Salonga and international rapper Apl de Ap.
apl.de.ap talks about "The Voice of the Philippines"
8. Chicago Bulls superstar Derrick Rose sparked excitement among NBA fans in Manila as he flew in for a second visit last September. The 25-year-old, whose knee injury forced him to miss two straight seasons, was in town to connect with his fans.
Yahoo PH Sports talks to Chicago Bulls superstar Derrick Rose
9. PBA teams made the most of this year's Rookie Draft, choosing from a record pool of 85 talented aspirants. As many pro league fans expected, 6-foot-11 Greg Slaughter emerged as the top pick, chosen by league favorite, Barangay Ginebra.
2013 PBA Draft Picks 1 - 5
2013 PBA Draft Picks 6 -10
A host of beach beauties, including Heart Evangelista, soaked up the sun on a laidback trip to stunning El Nido, Palawan last summer.
Heart Evangelista and other beach beauties in Palawan