You'll soon have the option to upgrade your Xbox 360 with a 500 GB hard drive for $109.99, according to a product listing on the official Xbox website.
Pre-orders for the device are "coming soon," and you can check out an image of the upcoming product below. The Xbox 360 is currently available in 4 GB and 250 GB configurations. The Xbox One ships with a 500 GB internal drive and support for external storage, while a Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare model set for a Nov. 3 release will include a 1 terabyte hard drive.
Microsoft's hard drives are the only officially sanctioned way to upgrade the storage in an Xbox 360, and the prices trend higher than naked 500 GB hard drives, which sell for around $50 on Amazon, New Egg and other retailers. Microsoft sells a 320 GB Xbox 360 hard drive, compatible with the Xbox 360 S and Xbox 360 E models, for $129.99. We've contacted Microsoft for more information on the future of that product and will update this article as we receive it.
More from polygon.com:
- Here's why I won't be playing Journey on PlayStation 4
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coming to Steam (update)
- Mass surveillance, Watch Dogs and the militarized police: When strapping cameras on people is a good idea
- A new Silent Hill is coming from Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro
- The new Silent Hill is designed to 'make you shit your pants,' Kojima says
- P.T. is a new interactive horror game for PlayStation 4 and you can try it now (update)