President Trump’s personal attorney may have been too hasty in drafting his response to fired FBI Director James Comey’s blockbuster testimony Thursday.
The statement began with the following line: “I am Marc Kasowitz, Predisent [sic] Trump’s personal lawyer.” It later referred to Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats as “Coates.”
He also wrote, “this leaks should be investigated.”
Earlier Thursday, Comey told the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence that Trump had asked him to drop the bureau’s investigation into his former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and asked for his loyalty.
Here is the complete statement from Trump’s lawyer:
Read more from Yahoo News:
- James Comey on Trump meeting: ‘Lordy, I hope there are tapes’
- White House: Just a ‘regular Thursday’ despite Comey firestorm
- Comey asked Columbia Law professor to leak memos to reporter
- Comey: ‘I take the president at his word that I was fired because of the Russian investigation’’
- Photos: James Comey testifies at Senate hearing