Welcome to Pokémon week at Polygon, or as our talented design team has cutely rebranded us, Pokégon.
What is Pokémon week? Why is Pokémon week? When is Pokémon week?
Let's start with when. Pokémon week is running from August 18th to August 22nd.
After Gamescom, new game releases lull before gradually ramping up in September and into fall. A handful of us at Polygon thought we'd use this time to meet one of our most common requests: more Pokémon stuff.
This week, we'll be posting Pokémon stories, videos, galleries and GIFs. We'll be talking about Pokémon glitches, Pokémon urban legends and Pokémon's unflagging popularity. We'll have opinion pieces about the cultural impact of one of the best-selling games of all time. And we'll have a debate to choose the greatest of all 719 Pokémon.
We'll also be joined by guest writers from across Vox Media, who have their own Pokémon tales to tell.
After we wrap the week on the 22nd, this page will live on as a hub for everything Pokémon-related Polygon publishes.
So, a few things to do if you love Pokémon.
- Bookmark this page for later then share it with your Pokémon friends.
- Help us select the #1 Pokémon.
- And share your personal stories about the game. One of the joys of organizing this week, has been hearing how the game left impressions on our lives.
We really hope you enjoy our little labor of love.
719 Pokemon, 61 games, 1 website
More from polygon.com:
- Here's why I won't be playing Journey on PlayStation 4
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coming to Steam (update)
- Mass surveillance, Watch Dogs and the militarized police: When strapping cameras on people is a good idea
- A new Silent Hill is coming from Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro
- The new Silent Hill is designed to 'make you shit your pants,' Kojima says
- P.T. is a new interactive horror game for PlayStation 4 and you can try it now (update)