"Our commitment to our viewers remains the same – to deliver the entertaining show that you’ve come to expect." Clinton Kelly, Carla Hall and Michael Symon address the recent news impacting our show. pic.twitter.com/mObwosDWcd- The Chew (@thechew) December 12, 2017
The hosts of the ABC show The Chew made a statement on camera Tuesday, after their cohost, Mario Batali, was accused of sexual misconduct. In an in-depth investigation by the food site Eater, four women accused Batali of touching them inappropriately, either in work environments or at industry events. As a result, Batali has moved away from the day-to-day operations of running his businesses, and The Chew asked him to step aside while they investigate the allegations.
On Tuesday, cohosts Clinton Kelly, Carla Hall, and Michael Symon appeared in a video posted on The Chew's social media pages to address Batali's absence.
Here's a transcript of what they said:
"Yesterday, allegations of past improper behavior surfaced about our own Mario Batali, and ABC asked him to step away from the show while those allegations are reviewed. We want you to know we take these matters very seriously and are committed to a safe work environment. Our commitment to our viewers remains the same - to deliver the entertaining show that you've come to expect."
The Food Network has also put the reboot of his show, Molto Mario, on hold. The revival of the show, which originally made him a household name, was set to return in early 2018 and production had already wrapped.
Batali issued a statement to Eater regarding the allegations. "I apologize to the people I have mistreated and hurt," he said. "Although the identities of most of the individuals mentioned in these stories have not been revealed to me, much of the behavior described does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted."
You Might Also Like