The premier pay-per-view event of the summer — and one of the most anticipated boxing matches in recent memory — is nearly upon us. Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor are set to meet Saturday night, pitting the undefeated boxer against one of UFC’s premier stars. Here’s how you can watch:
Date and time: Saturday, Aug. 26 at 9 p.m. ET (main card)
Location: The fight will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Television options: The fight is live on Showtime PPV, available for purchase through your cable provider.
Streaming options: There are a variety of ways to stream the fight on a number of different platforms:
- For online streaming, ShowtimePPV.com will be broadcasting the fight
- For mobile streaming, the Showtime PPV app, available for iPhone and Android.
- UFC.tv is offering streaming as part of a package deal. It can be screened through Roku, Xbox One, Apple TV and others.
- Not to be outdone by Xbox, the Playstation Store will have streaming available.
- Sling Television is also offering streaming.
All of these options will put you $99.95 in the hole. Another option emerged this summer, too: watching the fight in a movie theater. That’s right: Mayweather Promotions and Fathom Events have teamed up to bring the fight to the big screens across the nation.
The hype leading up to this historic event came unhinged during a four-city news conference tour earlier this summer, and betting for the match has reached unprecedented heights. It’s been a polarizing summer with the American public roughly split on rooting preferences. The event could have consequences far bigger than the bout itself and will capture the attention (and scrutiny) of the nation and beyond.
Podcast: Mayweather-McGregor fight preview with Kevin Iole
More Mayweather-McGregor coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Mayweather goes ‘insane’ over Bieber social media act
• What happens if McGregor beats Mayweather?
• Kevin Iole: Why Mayweather’s biggest bet continues to pay off
• How Ali’s ugliest fight paved the way for Mayweather-McGregor