Capt. Ron Johnson of the Missouri Highway Patrol gave a riveting speech earlier today at a rally to call for justice for Michael Brown, held at Ferguson, Missouri's Greater Grace Church. In the speech, Johnson pledges solidarity with the community and calls for Michael's memory to help the world become a better place.
"We all ought to be thanking the Browns for Michael, because Michael's gonna make it better for our sons, so they can be better black men," he says.
Watch the speech below, then read a full article on the rally at CNN.
Read all of Vox's coverage on the events in Ferguson.
More from vox.com:
- How we'd cover Ferguson if it happened in another country
- One sentence that explains why local police don’t need military weapons
- Tensions rise again in Ferguson
- The Michael Brown shooting shows why police should have to wear cameras
- Protesters met with hugs from police instead of tear gas tonight in Ferguson
- Need a movie recommendation for the weekend? Here are three of them
- An economist and a personal finance expert teach you money