U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) posted a video to his YouTube account Thursday that celebrates, in guitar-strumming song no less, the first day of legal gay marriage in his home state.
The video is gaining attention not only because of its melodic merits, but also because Ellison is Muslim, and Islam is traditionally opposed to same-sex relationships.
"Tomorrow, marry who you want, marry who you love," Ellison exults after a few bars of "This Land Is Your Land" accompanying himself on an acoustic guitar.
"It's all going on tomorrow because people got involved, people got active, because people did not sit back and wait for something to happen nor did they cry about bad things that were happening."
"You go do it, you go be happy, you go live your life for liberty and justice for all," he adds.
Check it out:
(H/T: Weasel Zippers)
Other must read stories:
- Rep. Keith Ellison reposts tweet calling Romney 'heartless douchebag'
- Keith Ellison's selective outrage over women's rights
- 'You're a lowlife scumbag!': Congressional debate turns into on-air verbal slugfest
- Ha: Progressive Caucus chair argues that Obama is too pro-business
- Update: Dems withdraw Trayvon Martin amendment