NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire -08/14/12)- Voxeo announced today at SpeechTEK 2012 the contact center industry's latest weapon in combating social engineering attacks and fraud with the launch of its Security Suite, which includes Voxeo's ANI, Toll, Voice, Location, Payment and PCI Verifiers, as well as Level 1 PCI Hosting. SpeechTEK 2012, "The Smart Customer Interactions Event" and The Customer Service Experience conference are happening this week at the Marriott Marquis New York.
Data breaches have reached all-time record highs, increasing more than 4,000 percent since 2010, according to the 2012 Data Breach Investigations Report. It has become increasingly easy for attackers to find personal information, such as phone numbers, addresses, mothers' maiden names, pets' names, and hobbies from online public databases and social media sites, and use that information to manipulate contact center agents into giving away confidential information. Ninety seven percent of the reported attacks were avoidable, as the victims were chosen simply because it was easy to break in. Voxeo is helping companies put measures in place to minimize these risks.
The Voxeo Security Suite not only provides more reliable, faster identity verification, but also streamlines the authentication process to lower contact center costs and improve the customer experience. The Security Suite includes:
- Voxeo ANI Verifier analyzes the phone number of incoming calls to determine if the Caller ID/ANI is spoofed. If the number has been spoofed, the call is rejected or flagged as suspicious and escalated for more stringent verification.
- Voxeo Toll Verifier monitors outgoing calls to identify unusual calling patterns and block calls to expensive premium rate numbers or international destinations. Premium-rate toll fraud is a rapidly growing cost for many companies.
- Voxeo Voice Verifier, or voice authentication, captures and analyzes an individual's unique voiceprint to verify their identity. Voxeo makes this previously expensive and difficult technology easy for companies of all sizes to deploy.
- Voxeo Location Verifier, or location-based services, allow companies to flag a user's mobile voice, text and web interactions as suspicious when they come from atypical locations or from multiple locations in a short time. Companies can also build services to verify that a customer's mobile device location matches the location of attempted purchases.
Location Verifier can also be used to deter fraud in any mobile workforce. For example, companies can use location "check-in" intelligence via mobile web, phone calls, or text messages to verify that home healthcare professionals, security guards, installers and technicians are at their jobs when and where they should be.
- Voxeo Payment Verifier secures automated credit card transactions with dynamically generated security questions based on customer purchase and payment history. Unlike static knowledge-based authentication (KBA) which uses predictable questions, dynamic KBA is based on a wide collection of verifiable information.
- Voxeo PCI Verifier intelligently analyzes the log output of Voxeo Prophecy and Voxeo VoiceObjects applications in real time to verify they are following Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance guidelines. PCI Verifier proactively detects PCI compliance issues before expensive data breaches or compliance audits occur.
- Voxeo PCI Hosting is a PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) Level 1 Service Provider certified platform. PCI-DSS Level 1 is the highest level of PCI compliance available, and can easily cost even small companies more than $250,000 to achieve. The Voxeo PCI Hosting service lets merchants, banks, and enterprises leverage Voxeo's pre-certified and pre-deployed infrastructure, leading to significant compliance cost savings.
Voxeo Security Suite components are delivered as API web services in the Voxeo hosted cloud. The APIs are easily accessible from both Voxeo hosted and customers' premise-based platforms. The flexible solution offers a fast, low-cost way for companies to protect sensitive information and provide a superior security experience for customers.
"Voxeo's Security Suite is a very timely offering because it enables companies to leverage existing technologies to protect their business interests and customer data from human fraud," said Dan Miller, senior analyst and founder, Opus Research. "Voxeo's multi-factor approach to authentication provides a fast, efficient and secure method to detect impostors over the phone. As the incidence of fraud continues to escalate, so too will the importance of putting the right measures in place to minimize those risks cost effectively."
"Humans are the most vulnerable link in the security chain, and while that human factor will never be completely eliminated, we believe the best prevention is to put technology in place to stop the attacks before they reach a live agent or employee," said John Amein, senior vice president of product management at Voxeo. "Social engineering works because these attackers take advantage of our very human desire to be polite and helpful, but Voxeo's multi-factor authentication and verification approach makes it less likely that their tricks and deception will work."
Voxeo is a proud Platinum Sponsor of The Customer Service Experience conference. Learn more about the Voxeo Security Suite at SpeechTEK 2012 and The Customer Service Experience conference at booth 501 or by visiting www.voxeo.com/security-suite.
Voxeo unlocks communications. We loathe the locks that make voice, SMS, instant messaging, Twitter, web chat, mobile web, unified communications and self-service applications difficult to create, manage, analyze, optimize and afford. Every day we work to unlock the neglected value of these communications solutions with open standards, disruptive innovation and a passion for problem solving--fueled by a company-wide obsession with customer success. We do so for more than 250,000 developers, 45,000 companies and half of the Fortune 100 from our headquarters in Orlando, Beijing, Cologne, and London. Visit us or join our conversations on the web at www.voxeo.com, blogs.voxeo.com or twitter.com/voxeo.