The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures ended lower on Tuesday, falling for the first time
in five sessions as a bout of profit-taking weighed, with prices further
pressured by the end of a rally in overseas soy markets.
* U.S. corn futures eased on Tuesday, weighed down by weakness in the cash
market and an ample supply cushion, traders said.
* Brent oil rose slightly on Tuesday supported by demand for U.S. heating oil
and gasoline, which gained on expectations that persistent cold weather in the
United States will lead to another large draw in distillates.
* Asian shares rallied for a fourth straight session on Wednesday as risk
appetites were whetted by an optimistic economic outlook from Federal Reserve
Chair Janet Yellen, which diminished the need for safe havens such as the yen
* Natural gas futures jumped more than 5 percent on Tuesday on cold weather
forecasts in the United States and gold hit a 3-month high on incoming Federal
Reserve Chair Janet Yellen's pledge to not accelerate the winding down of the
> POLL-Palm oil prices to rise 14 pct in 2014 on demand from biofuel
> Brazil gov't trims soy forecast, weather not yet a factor
> Australia revises up 2013/14 wheat crop to above 27 mln tonnes
> Plentiful supplies weigh on corn; wheat, soy firm
> Sugar demand growth to exceed population expansion to 2023-Ecom
> Emerging market turmoil keeps pressure on commodity
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services will release Malaysia's Feb. 1-15
palm oil export data on Feb. 15. Another cargo surveyor Societe Generale de
Surveillance to release data for the same period on Feb. 17.
Key commodity markets at 2348 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.3265 -0.01 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN MAY4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL MAY4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL MAR4 38.85 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE MAR4 100.38 +0.44 100.31 100.47 997
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:>
CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:>
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:>
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:>
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#CRO:>
European edible oil prices/trades --