US official: 2 more explosives found at marathon

LARA JAKES
Medical workers aid injured people at the 2013 Boston Marathon following an explosion in Boston, Monday, April 15, 2013. Two explosions shattered the euphoria of the Boston Marathon finish line on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry off the injured while the stragglers were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts. (AP Photo/The Boston Globe, David L Ryan)  MANDATORY CREDIT
Medical workers aid injured people at the 2013 Boston Marathon following an explosion in Boston, Monday, April 15, 2013. Two explosions shattered the euphoria of the Boston Marathon finish line on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry off the injured while the stragglers were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts. (AP Photo/The Boston Globe, David L Ryan) MANDATORY CREDIT

WASHINGTON (AP) — A senior U.S. intelligence official says two more explosive devices have been found near the scene of the Boston marathon where two bombs detonated earlier.

The official said the new devices were being dismantled.

It was not immediately clear what kind of devices had been found Monday. The official said the first two did appear to be bombs.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the findings publicly.

The official said it was not clear what the motive was or who may have launched the attack.