Written in the 60’s, the classic song “Wild Thing I Think I Love” has lyrics that are the epitome of crazy, carefree and fun lovin’. So why not use it to show your Valentine you’re wild for them.
Related story on Yahoo Makers: A Heart-Filled Valentine for Your Favorite Chef
Dollar stores often sell plastic kids’ toys, and we’ll bet you find a wild animal in there somewhere. Otherwise, Michaels’s stocks a variety of party favors and toys that will fit the bill.
Related story on Yahoo Makers: Fairytale Path for Your Valentine’s Day Love
This Valentine’s Day seize the opportunity to tell your sweetie that nothing can keep your wild love tamed - not even a mason jar!
- Mason jar
- Plastic toy tiger (or other wild beast)
- Popsicle sticks
- Shipping label
- Sharpie marker
- Card stock
- Utility knife
- Hot glue gun
1. Lay 5 popsicle sticks out flat, side by side, and glue them together, flip them over and stick on the shipping label, write a message like “Danger: Live Animal” on it.
2. Hot glue the ‘shipping label’ popsicle sticks, and as many more needed to the inside of jar, side by side, to make the ‘crate’.
3. Using the utility knife, cut the head, a paw, and the tail off of the toy plastic tiger.
4. Hot glue the head to the lid with a bit of straw, the tail to the side of jar, and the paw just under the lip of the lid.
5. Make a sign with the card stock and a popsicle stick that says “Wild thing, I think I love you!”
6. With the utility knife, pierce a slit in the top of the lid and push the sign in.
Also on Yahoo Makers:
- How to Make a Flower Crown that Will Never Wilt
- Brighten Up Breakfast in Bed on Valentine’s Day
- The Meaning Behind 10 Different Valentine Flowers