MANCHESTER, N.H. - A New Hampshire lawyer charged with sexually exploiting a child and transporting a minor to Ontario to engage in sexual activity, has been ordered to have no contact with the 14-year-old whom prosecutors say she victimized.
U.S. Attorney John Kacavas sought the no-contact order in court, saying 43-year-old Lisa Biron of Manchester, N.H., has been putting "great pressure on the minor victim about what to say and not say" during telephone conversations from jail.
Kacavas said the minor has disclosed to the FBI "the full nature and extent of the abuse," but he did not elaborate.
Biron's lawyer, James Moir, told U.S. Magistrate Landya McCafferty that Biron was not previously under a federal court order to have no contact with the girl.
McCafferty imposed the no-contact order at the end of the brief hearing. Biron acknowledged the order with a nod.
Moir entered not guilty pleas Thursday on Biron's behalf to six counts of sexual exploitation of a child, one count of possession of child pornography and one count of transporting a minor to Canada to engage in sexual activity for purposes of producing child pornography.
Biron was first indicted in November and has been held without bond. A New Hampshire federal grand jury handed up a superseding indictment Wednesday, adding an additional sexual exploitation charge.
Biron's trial is set to start Tuesday. The 14-year-old is listed — by initials only — on the government's list of 17 potential victims.
Prosecutors say that on various dates in 2012, Biron enticed or coerced the minor to perform sexually explicit acts for purposes of producing child pornography. They also say she took the girl to Ontario in May to produce additional child pornography.
Biron was first arrested in October on state charges of possession of child pornography. Prosecutors opted not to pursue those charges once federal authorities charged her with multiple counts in November.
Kacavas and Moir declined to comment on the case after court Thursday.