Turned on power generator indoors: two families poisoned by gas in Kyiv Oblast

A family turned on a power generator indoors in the Bucha district of Kyiv Oblast. A man died of carbon monoxide poisoning, while his wife survived but suffered from gas poisoning. Another case of poisoning took place in Hostomel.

Source: Andrii Niebytov, the Head of National Police in Kyiv Oblast, on Telegram

Quote:  In the village of Bobrytsia, Kyiv Oblast, a family used a generator for lighting; the device was located right in the room. As a result of poisoning, the head of the family died, the doctors managed to hospitalise his wife."

Details: Niebytov has reported that another family was poisoned by carbon monoxide in Hostomel. According to him, first, a 72-year-old lady became ill, then a 4-year-old granddaughter felt sick; conditions of a 12-year-old girl and her 48-year-old father worsened, too.


Andrii Nebytov, the Head of National Police in Kyiv Oblast, urged people not to ignore the instructions for the operation of power generators and heating systems.

Journalists fight on their own frontline. Support Ukrainska Pravda or become our patron!