TSX rises 0.17% to 16,562.81
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.17 percent to 16,562.81
* Leading the index were Eldorado Gold Corp <ELD.TO>, up 10.1%, Silvercrest Metals Inc , up 9.1%, and Dundee Precious Metals Inc , higher by 9.1%.
* Lagging shares were NFI Group Inc , down 4.9%, Celestica Inc, down 4.5%, and Air Canada, lower by 4.0%.
* On the TSX 91 issues rose and 123 fell as a 0.7-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 11 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 209.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Toronto-dominion Bank , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Teck Resources Ltd.
* The TSX's energy group fell 0.94 points, or 1.3%, while the financials sector slipped 2.08 points, or 0.8%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.63%, or $0.67, to $40.52 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.38%, or $0.6, to $42.74
* The TSX is off 2.9% for the year.