Sometimes it’s best just to go with a classic - like roses on Valentine’s Day. Simple and elegant, they never go out of style. The only problem is, supermarkets and florists charge far more for a bouquet on the 14th of February than they do on any other day of the year.
Yahoo Makers: Make Your Valentine a Heart Shaped Chocolate Box
Here we give you a couple of tips on how to avoid being taken to the cleaners when gifting flowers on Valentine’s Day.
First of all, buy your flowers the day before - it’s amazing the difference a day makes! Heading to the store a day early will save you a lot of money, and also take the rush out of shopping.
Yahoo Makers: Turn Those Petals into Lovely Letters
Secondly, arrange and doll them up yourself. When you buy a ready made bouquet in a special vase, you’re paying, not only for the flowers, but also for the labor and the extra service. With this mason jar bouquet, you can give flowers in a beautiful and unique vase with a heartfelt message, and not be brought to your knees in the process.
- Mason jar
- Paper doily
- Print out of the phrase: “Merci, Gracias, Thank You…… for your Love”
- Hot glue gun
1. Cut your phrase into a strip of paper and roll up each side to create a scroll.
2. Glue it to the center of a paper doily, then glue the whole thing to the center of the mason jar.
3. Add water and flowers to the jar.
More from Yahoo Makers:
- The Meaning Behind 10 Different Valentine Flowers
- How To Make a Flower Crown that Will Never Wilt
- Tired of Bouquets? The String’s the Thing