If you own a duvet, chances are you’ve had some serious difficulty putting on the cover. Even after wrestling through the traditional steps, you still might end up sleeping under a lumpy and uneven blanket.
Usually, a duvet is treated like an oversized pillow, and getting it into its cover often involves some sophisticated bedside acrobatics. All the stuffing and pinching and shaking can be absolutely maddening. Where are the support groups for this? Where is the 24-hour hotline? Your bedroom is supposed to be a sanctuary, not a hotbed for stress. It’s enough to make you want to ditch your duvet altogether.
But it doesn’t have to be this way. There is a tactic that will put your frustrations to bed straightaway and on the first try, too. It’s called the Burrito Technique. Not only is it fast, easy and effective, it’salso perfectly suited for one person. The only thing you may still be annoyedby is that you hadn’t learned it sooner. But we have a feeling you won’t belosing any sleep over that.
(video via Crazy Russian Hacker)
1. Spread the duvet coverout flat on your floor or bed.
2. Place the duvet right on top of the cover.
Related on Yahoo Makers: Quick Bunk Bed Hacks
3. You’re going to want the opening to be on the opposite side from where you’re about to roll it all up.
4. Roll it up neatly, like a burrito! (But don’t eat it.)
Related on Yahoo Makers: Go Back to Bed! Bedroom Throwbacks Worth Revisiting
5. Make sure the cover’s opening is on top.
6. Reach into the cover’s opening and grab one end of the rolled up duvet and cover. Pull that end back through the opening. Repeat on the other end.
7. Unroll it. Do one side half way, then the other. Then finish unrolling both sides.
Related on Yahoo Makers: 8 Creative Ways to Fold Napkins
8. Shake it, shake it, shake it!
9. And that’s it! Isn’t that way easier? Now that this bedroom burden has been lifted off your shoulders, go forth and spread the word: The Burrito Technique really works!
More from Yahoo Makers:
- Brighten Up Breakfast In Bed on Valentine’s Day
- The Most Amazing Space Saving Beds
- Self-Cleaning Kids’ Rooms