- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
- American actress, model, and singer-songwriter
In a community known for its pro-athlete residents and sky-high real estate prices, actress and indie-folk singer-songwriter Zooey Deschanel has picked out a stylistically unobjectionable but entirely conventional new house for about $4.6 million.
The house, 5,200 square feet behind a white picket fence in the Los Angeles suburb of Manhattan Beach, is seen as a surprising choice for the "queen of quirk." PopSugar Home goes so far as to say it would "impress any Stepford wife."
It's newly built, with trendy marble all over the place (kitchen, laundry room, and countertops and floor in the master bath) — not quite the sort of place she seemed to imagine in her 20s, when she told Architectural Digest: "I don’t know why, but I'm just obsessed with the past. I'm not going to decorate my house like Louis XIV, but anytime I see something new, I'm like, 'Ugh.'"
Plus, she did tell AD that she envisioned something "spare and pretty, not over-the-top crazy," and this house provides a nice blank canvas.
And tell us what you think of it in the comments! Does her choice surprise you? What do you think she will (or should) do with it to make it her own?
Also on Yahoo Homes:
• Julia Roberts lists historic Hawaii property for $30M (35 photos)
• Newlywed Joseph Gordon-Levitt buys frozen-in-time home, pink sink and all (43 photos)
• Channing Tatum buys Princess Leia's old house, next door to Harry Styles (22 photos)
• Jessica Chastain buys Manhattan classic where Leonard Bernstein lived while writing 'West Side Story' (25 photos)