What is one way you use technology to make the world a better place? That’s one question we’re asking ourselves this Safer Internet Day. We’re excited to once again support an international effort dedicated to promoting safe and responsible use of the Internet and mobile devices, especially among young people. From opening the doors at our headquarters to host a training for over 50 local School Resource Officers on the Yahoo Digital Safety Diversion Course to Yahoos visiting local schools in Spain and Italy and conducting in-classroom discussions on Internet safety, we’re happy to be taking action inspired by this year’s theme, “Let’s Create a Better Internet Together.” Other events across the globe include:
- Tech Columnist Dan Tynan, who writes the Modern Family column for Yahoo Tech, joins industry experts and leaders at a Safer Internet Day Panel in Washington D.C.
- Policy Director Elizabeth Kanter represents Yahoo in Brussels at a Safer Internet Day roundtable.
- Yahoo Answers will have a featured question this week: What is one good thing about using technology that makes the Internet or the world better? We’d love to see what one of your good things is.
Looking to get involved?
- Check out this infographic with ideas on how to Build a Better Internet. Read them, print them, share them with your loved ones.
- If you’d like more information or to spread safety information in your community, check out our Digital Safety Kit for parents and community members. There, you’ll find how to talk about Internet safety to all ages.
Check out the Yahoo homepage on February 11th to see the customized logo celebrating Safer Internet Day!