Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are largely off at the midday mark with only the Dow clinging to a small gain. The consumer discretionary sector (XLY) is down the most, while utilities (XLU) is still in the green. Keith Bliss of Cuttone & Co. joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance Editor-in-Chief Andy Serwer and Yahoo Finance’s Dan Roberts. The co-founders of Hyperloop Technologies, Executive Chairman Shervin Pishevar and President of Engineering Josh Giegel, also join us to discuss Hyperloop One successfully passing Phase 2 testing.
Today, Midday Movers discusses:
- Apple earnings and the surge in iPad and Apple Watch sales
- Dow 23,000: What the market needs to get there
- How the US economy could get caught in a long-term low-growth trap
- Elon Musk’s vision becomes reality with Hyperloop One
- Adidas betting big on Major League Soccer
- Death of the movie theater?