Stocks are rallying at the midday mark, with the Dow Industrials (^DJI, DIA), S&P 500 (^GSPC, SPY) and the Nasdaq (^IXIC, QQQ) all solidly in the green. The tech (XLK) and materials (XLB) sectors are leading the way up, while the real estate (XLRE) sector lags in the red. Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear, joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Myles Udland is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Rick Newman and Thomson Reuters markets reporter Dion Rabouin.
Today on Midday Movers, we talk about:
- Trump reversing his Afghanistan position
- Trump coverage boosting cable TV numbers
- Stocks rallying, erasing recent losses
- Tech and defense stocks leading
- Will the rally in gold resume?
- Fighting recurring charges on your credit cards
- Residents angry about the new Apple headquarters