Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are slightly higher at the midday mark, with the health care (XLV) and materials (XLI) sectors leading the way up and with real estate (XLRE), tech (XLK) and consumer staples (XLP) still in the red. Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear, joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Rick Newman and Nicole Sinclair.
Today’s Midday Movers topics:
- ISM Manufacturing beats; Construction Spending misses
- US auto sales tick up to 16.9M annually: rpt
- Criminal records and the low labor force participation rate
- JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America warn investors
- Fountain of youth discovered?