London, Dec. 28 (ANI): A man from China was left with a burnt hole in his stomach lining after he consumed a notoriously spicy bowl of soup.
The 26-year-old unnamed male ate a mala soup, meaning 'numbing hot,' a traditional Chinese dish.
After choosing the spiciest version of the dish from the menu, he started experiencing a piercing pain in his stomach.
He started vomiting blood before being rushed to a local hospital in Wuhan.
Despite having no medical history of ulcers or other gastrointestinal disorders, doctors concluded that the spicy soup had burned a hole through his stomach wall, the Daily Mail reported.
The traditional Chinese dish is cooked using Sichuan pepper, a local spice, and chilli pepper.
The combination is known to cause a numbing sensation when eaten. (ANI)