With plenty of time to spare before the next Summer Olympics, gold medalist Simone Biles is trying out a different routine — cheering on her hometown Houston Texans.
Biles was welcomed by the Texans as an honorary cheerleader for Houston’s game against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday and has been documenting the journey on social media.
can’t wait to cheer at my first game
GO HOUSTON TEXANS ‼️ pic.twitter.com/K4ijVE86ud
— Simone Biles (@Simone_Biles) December 10, 2017
— Texans Cheerleaders (@TexansCheer) December 8, 2017
— HTC_Lauren Ba (@HTC_LaurenBa) December 10, 2017
— Texans Cheerleaders (@TexansCheer) December 10, 2017
This is a cool move by the Texans and an awesome way to get a hometown hero involved in the city’s sports scene. While there’s no question Biles has skills on the sidelines, nothing surpasses the excitement of seeing her in action at the Olympics.
The 2020 games in Tokyo can’t come soon enough.
More NFL coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Eli returns to standing ovation, Giants still lose
• You be the judge: Did Cam flop on this play?
• Watch: This may be the greatest extra point in history
• Houston makes questionable QB call after scary hit
• Five-time Pro Bowler blasts NFL safety rules