White House press secretary Sean Spicer arrived at the Friday press conference wearing an upside-down American flag pin on his lapel.
Fortunately for Spicer, the White House press corps brought it to his attention.
“Your pin’s upside-down,” Fox News’s John Roberts said.
“John Roberts, always helping with the fashion tips,” Spicer responded. However, that didn't get Spicer to fix the issue.
“It’s still upside-down,” another reporter had to remind him.
Of course, that didn't stop the internet from taking Spicer to task - and asking him if the upside down flag was secretly a cry for help.
Sean Spicer wearing his flag pin upside down is the most accurate representation of this presidency I've seen so far
- Dakota Driver (@dakota_driver7) March 10, 2017
- Matthew D. Dho (@MattDho) March 10, 2017
Sean Spicer's American flag pin is upside down. Upside down flag is a distress symbol. Headline: Metaphor Delivers Press Conference.
- Erin 🎶Gloria🎶 Ryan (@morninggloria) March 10, 2017
[Sean Spicer's flag pin is upside down]
DARK STATUE OF LIBERTY: ok, even I think that's a bit much. pic.twitter.com/LJZRNcxDmZ
- Jesse McLaren (@McJesse) March 10, 2017
OMG Sean Spicer's flag pin is upside down🤣 and they're trying to throw 20 million people off their health care plan lol😂
- Ike Barinholtz (@ikebarinholtz) March 10, 2017
spicer with his flag pin upside-down, told it's upside-down, & "fixing" it but leaving it upside-down, is the best metaphor for the Trump WH
- Mдтт Иegяiи (@MattNegrin) March 10, 2017
Your loyalty has not gone unnoticed. https://t.co/ba1kz1yvXF
- House of Cards (@HouseofCards) March 10, 2017
Sean Spicer's flag badge is actually the right way up. The entire White House press room is upside down, including the camera
- Fred Delicious (@Fred_Delicious) March 10, 2017
UPSIDE DOWN FLAG PIN! SPICER IS COMPROMISED! INITIATE OPERATION SPICER EVAC!!! pic.twitter.com/7Ujd4sb4eR
- Rex Huppke (@RexHuppke) March 10, 2017
What if Sean Spicer's flag pin was on the right way and everything else is upside down? Whoa.
- Tim Hanlon (@TimfromDa70s) March 10, 2017
It's obvious that Sean Spicer wearing his flag pin upside down was a clear signal to CIA, FBI, ETC that the White House has been compromised
- Brad Reason (@BradReason) March 10, 2017
Re: Sean Spicer's upside down flag pin. Very easy mistake to make, especially if you can no longer stand to look at yourself in the mirror.
- Alexandra Erin (@alexandraerin) March 10, 2017
Spicer's flag pin is upside down. That's a distress signal. Press corps, help the man out! pic.twitter.com/6wRDtaGUjO
- Dave Jamieson (@jamieson) March 10, 2017
Is Spicer's upside down flag lapel pin a distress signal? Blink twice if you need help, Sean. pic.twitter.com/hORrfBD94n
- 💀Maggie Serota 💀 (@maggieserota) March 10, 2017
Follow Laura on Twitter.
You Might Also Like