Sean Connery, famous for evading danger as suave spy James Bond, considers himself lucky to have survived one real-life disaster.
The actor, who turned 89 last month, told the Daily Mail that he and his wife, Micheline Roquebrune, rode out Hurricane Dorian from their home in the Bahamas.
The devastating hurricane left the former 007 agent shaken, but still alive.
"We are both fine," he said. "We were lucky compared to many others and the damage here was not great."
Though the tabloid reports that Connery's island of New Providence saw torrential rain, heavy winds and fallen trees, the actor's mansion was spared.
"We had been prepared for the storm, everything was ready in advance – we weren’t taking any chances and knew what to do," he said.
Category 5 Dorian slammed into the island chain Sunday, the strongest hurricane to make landfall in the Atlantic basin since 1935.
Though Connery is still alive and his mansion is still standing, the death toll in the Bahamas has jumped past 30 and is expected to rise significantly. Property losses could hit $7 billion, not including infrastructure and cars.
USA TODAY has reached out to Connery's rep for comment.
Contributing: Trevor Hughes and Joey Garrison
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Hurricane Dorian ravages Bahamas but spares Sean Connery's mansion