South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley received a massive public response, and criticism from the state's Democrats, after posting on Facebook that she locked herself out of the governor's mansion Wednesday morning wearing a robe.
"What not to do...getting locked out of the Governor's mansion in your robe while sending the kids off to school. Sigh..." Haley wrote on her Facebook page Wednesday morning, adding the hashtag, "#adayinthelife."
The confession for Haley (Source: Facebook screen shot)
Her post received 4,838 likes as of Thursday morning and almost 600 comments. She has 62,000 Facebook fans.
The governor's office reportedly explained that Haley was saying goodbye to her 11-year-old son, Nalin, on Wednesday morning, and found she was locked outside. Her 15-year-old daughter Rena unlocked the door and let the robed governor back into the mansion.
South Carolina Democrats pounced on Haley who is up for reelection in 2014, saying in a press release, "File this under fake transparency because it certainly is telling about Nikki Haley's priorities when it comes to sharing information with the people of South Carolina."
Other must read stories:
- 'Every child is subject to child abuse'
- Nikki Haley narrows Senate appointee list to just five
- Appointing Stephen Colbert to Senate 'a path back to popularity' for Gov. Haley
- There's no surer sign of nepotism than S.C. Gov. Haley's daughter getting a summer job at the gift shop
- Timeline of a fake news story