Samsung’s most massive phablet to date, the Galaxy Mega 6.3, will debut on AT&T and other wireless carriers in the U.S. later this month. Following Samsung’s announcement that the Mega 6.3 would be available in the U.S. from AT&T, Sprint and U.S. Cellular beginning later this month, AT&T announced that it will launch the new 6.3-inch smartphone on August 23rd for $149.99 on contract. AT&T will also offer the phablet for $24 per month as part of its AT&T Next plan. Samsung’s Galaxy Mega 6.3 features a dual-core 1.7GHz processor, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, a 3,200 mAh battery and an 8-megapixel camera along with its 6.3-inch display. AT&T’s full press release follows below.
[More from BGR: Apple iOS 7 beta 7 to be released today]
Perks of Smartphone and Tablet Combine with Samsung Galaxy Mega, Available at AT&T Aug. 23
Dallas, Texas, August 15, 2013
Beginning August 23, you will be able to enjoy the functionality of a smartphone with the viewing ease of a tablet. AT&T* will be the first carrier in the U.S. to offer the Samsung Galaxy Mega™ for $24 per month with AT&T Next or $149.99 with a two-year agreement. The 6.3-inch device is the ideal hybrid handset if you want to experience smartphone portability with the immersive experience of a tablet. To see the Galaxy Mega’s features in action, check out this video.
“Continuing our legacy as the first carrier to launch Samsung’s Galaxy series, we’re excited to expand our growing line of Galaxy smartphones with the Galaxy Mega,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president – Devices, AT&T. “Images and web content come alive on the large display, making it easy to stay productive and entertained almost anywhere, all on the nation’s fastest and now most reliable4G LTE network.**”
The Galaxy Mega runs Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) and includes many of the popular Galaxy smartphone features:
- WatchON™ is a service that simplifies searching and recommends TV, movies and sports according to personal tastes. With WatchON and the built-in IR blaster, the Galaxy Mega functions as a remote control for home theater equipment.
- Air View™ allows you to hover your finger over a calendar item or email to display a preview of what’s inside without opening it.
- Multi Window display offers split screen viewing and lets you view content in two windows at once, making it easy to multi-task. For instance, you can take notes while watching a video or search the web while responding to a text message or email.
- Easy Mode settings give new smartphone users or simplicity seekers the option to start out with a basic version of your home screen that keeps your favorite apps and features within reach.
- Story Album™ transforms photos you take with the Mega’s 8-megapixel camera into multi-media albums with music, videos and notes.
- S Translator™ helps you get your point across in a variety of languages.
AT&T recently launched AT&T Next, a new program that gives you the chance to get a new device every year. AT&T Next is simple and easy to use.
- You can purchase a smartphone or tablet with no down payment, no upgrade fee and no activation fee and agree to pay monthly installments for the device, with no financing fees.
- After 12 payments, you can trade it in and upgrade to a brand new device — again with no down payment.
- AT&T Next is available for new AT&T customers or existing customers who are upgrade eligible.
- Using AT&T Next, you can get the Galaxy Mega for $24 per month.
This device earned five out of five stars on AT&T’s Eco-Rating system – the system’s highest achievement. The system, which rates the environmental factors of AT&T branded handset devices, was created to empower consumer choice around sustainability. For more information about this device’s rating, AT&T’s Eco-Rating System, and how you can join AT&T in making a difference, please visit http://att.com/ecospace.
AT&T now has the fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network. According to independent third-party data, AT&T has the highest success rate for delivering mobile content across nationwide 4G LTE networks.** And AT&T was named America’s fastest 4G LTE network in PC Magazine’s 2013 Fastest Mobile Networks 30-market study – and also swept the top rankings in all six U.S. regions from coast to coast: Northeast, Southeast, North-Central, South-Central, Northwest and Southwest. ***
This article was originally published on BGR.com