When Riot Games revealed the SK Telecom T1 2015 League of Legends World Championship skins, fans weren’t very happy. The skins were seen as relatively basic, not worthy of SKT’s dominance during the team’s run at its second World Championship in three years.
For the 2016 World Championship skins, Riot seems dedicated to not making the same mistake. In a new behind-the-scenes video, the developer has teased the looks for this year’s group of skins.
Six champion skins and one ward skin will be included in the packs, featuring cosmetics tailored around the players on the championship roster. The skins and their respective players are as follows:
- Ekko – Top laner Lee “Duke” Ho-seong
- Olaf – Jungler Bae “Bengi” Seong-woong
- Zac – Jungler Kang “Blank” Sun-gu
- Syndra – Mid laner Lee “Faker” Sang-hyeok
- Jhin – AD carry Bae “Bang” Jun-sik
- Nami – Support Lee “Wolf” Jae-wan
- Ward skin – Coach Kim “kkOma” Jung-gyun
Each skin will have custom animations, particles, and backing animations. There’s no word on when the SKT skins will be released, but you can be sure we’ll let you know over in the Yahoo Esports League of Legends hub.
Follow Taylor Cocke on Twitter @taylorcocke.